“New York State should be a leader in providing opportunity and solutions for immigrants, particularly undocumented youth. This should start with finally passing the New York DREAM Act, providing increased college access to these students.”
- Since 2003, he has joined a team of doctors on an annual Humanitarian Mission to the Dominican Republic;
- Delivered over 52 million prenatal supplements benefitting approximately 115,000 high-risk pregnant women in Dominican Republic;
- Their advocacy has directly resulted in the clean-up of the World’s most Lead toxic site, Haina;
- Donated school supplies to the young school children of Haina and started a free school program for “breakfast” given to young school children, along with vitamin and mineral supplements and one piece of fruit each day.
- Pass the DREAM Act;
- Provide a true path to legal status for law-abiding, undocumented people that live in our country;
- Undocumented persons who entered the country as minors should be permitted opportunities to gain expedited citizenship.